International Mathematics Olympiads
• I was appointed Senior Coordinator at the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2019. In 2019, the UK hosted the 60th edition of the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) see https://www.imo2019.uk . The IMO is the largest and most prestigious of all of the international Olympiads. Initiated by Romania in 1959, the IMO has grown from the original seven countries to over a hundred to-date. The United Kingdom has participated since 1967 and has played host to the competition on two previous occasions (in 1979 and 2002). I was appointed Senior Coordinator also at IMO1999 and IMO2002.
• Member of the Editorial board of the Annals of Applied Probability (from 2018)
• Managing editor of Springer Briefs series in Mathematics of Planet Earth. Weather, Climate, Oceans (from 2016)
• Member of the Editorial board of the Journal of SPDEs, Springer (from 2012)
• Member of the Editorial board of the Journal of Mathematics of Computation (2010-2016)
• Member of the Editorial board of the Revue Roumaine de Mathematiques Pures et Appliquees and of the Mathematics Reports
published by the Romanian Academy.
• Editor of the Oxford Handbook of Nonlinear Filtering, Oxford University Press (2011)
• Editor of Springer’s special volumes Stochastic Analysis 2010 and 2014 Springer Verlag
• Editor of the Proceedings of the Workshop on Sequential Monte Carlo Methods, July, 2006 European Series in Applied and Industrial Mathematics (ESAIM).
Recent sessions and meetings organized:
New Directions in rough Path Theory, Oberwolfach Workshops ID 2012b, December 6-12 2020.
Member of the Scientific Committee for the Workshop on Big data, data assimilation, and uncertainty quantification, 12 November 2019 - 15 November 2019, IHP, Paris
EGU2019 - Convener Assignment
Member of the Scientific Committee for the Workshop on New Directions in Stochastic Analysis: Rough Paths, SPDEs and Related Topics, On the occasion of Terry Lyons' 65th Birthday, March 18-22, 2019, Zuse Institute Berlin.
EGU2018 - Convener Assignment
International Workshop on BSDEs, SPDEs and their Applications, Edinburgh 3-7 July 2017. The symposium continues a tradition which has its origin in 1996 in France and was organized in the UK for the first time. The symposium was held three times in Le Mans, France (1996, 1999 and 2008). Shandong University and Fudan University, China, were the hosts in 2002, 2014(Weihai) and 2005 (Shanghai). The 6th symposium was held in Los Angeles in 2011. This was a major conference with over 200 participants http://www.ed.ac.uk/maths/bsde-spde-2017
LMS-EPSRC Durham Symposium on Stochastic Analysis, 10-20 July 2017 (over 90 participants). The meeting brought together over 90 participants working in the area (further details at http://www.maths.dur.ac.uk/lms/106/index.html ) The LMS-EPSRC Durham Research Symposia began in 1974, and form an established series of international research meetings, with over 100 symposia to date. They provide an excellent opportunity to explore an area of research in depth, to learn of new developments, and to instigate links between different branches.
Programme on Advanced Monte Carlo Methods for Complex Inference Problems, Isaac Newton Institute
Rough Paths: Theory and Applications, IPAM, USA
Data assimilation using Particle Filters, Kick-Off Workshop, SFB 1294 Data Assimilation, Potsdam
Cubature Methods and Applications, CEMRACS 2017 Numerical methods for stochastic models: control, uncertainty quantiﬁcation, mean-ﬁeld, Marseille.
Particle filters in the continuous time framework. Applications of cubature methods, Edinburgh.
Convergence of particle filters and relation to data assimilation, Bangalore.